Training and nutrition are crucial parts of athletic excellence – but what about the mind? Motivation, confidence, and mental toughness: all of these are key in sport, and yet for many athletes are not trained as much as the body.
Jonathan Pietrunti of Complete Human Performance is a former Navy Chief Aviation Ordnanceman and has a BA in sports psychology. With his years of experience in training both clients and sailors, he knows what mental tools are the game-changers in fitness.
On this episode of CHP Radio, Jonny discusses:
- What is sports psychology, and what is it not?
- What are the most common reasons people come to a sports psychologist?
- What are some common pitfalls with goal-setting?
- What is motivation?
- What about positive imagery and confidence?
Learn more about self-determination theory.
You can visit Jonny at thatgreyarea.com and pick up his free goal-setting guide.
Additional Things We Mention on the Show
The Hybrid Athlete by Alex Viada
If you enjoyed this show, please share this page on Facebook!
Latest posts by Armi Legge (see all)
- Mental Training For Athletes - January 11, 2017
- Should Triathletes Use Knee Sleeves While Squatting? - August 31, 2016
- The First Month Always Sucks - August 23, 2016